If you’re a Senior Software Engineer and looking to take that next big step in your career while working with GO, this is your chance!
Do you see technical debt as your nemesis? Do you want an opportunity to be seen as “the person” by team members? If you’re the type that wants to lead by example as a dedicated, flexible technologist, you should read this!
Who are we?
Make no doubt about it, we are a company that takes technology serious. We understand that innovation and the efficiencies that technology provides are critical to you, your health and well being. In short, we are a lifestyle brand that creates physical, mental and emotional breakthroughs. We don’t just change bodies, we change lives. Over the last 11 years, our company has evolved, innovated and expanded. We are on the edge of our next major expansion. Ask us all about it, but mostly how we’re doing it differently.
We have generated over $60 Million in profit year to date while operating on 18 different platforms.
What’s the job?
In our environment, a Lead Software Engineer enjoys architecting and building intelligent, scalable, and clean solutions. We are continuing to build a cutting edge platform that will power all of our expanding product offerings. The best part, we are taking what’s currently shaking up the industry and taking our platform international. We don’t just mean Canada. We’re talking SouthEast Asia, New Zealand, Australia, and more.
This role comes with the opportunity to be a true leader and high performer within a company that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business (which is everywhere).
The responsibilities described below are representative of those the person in this role would be performing, but should not be considered an exhaustive list – this position is extremely flexible in terms of its areas of focus.
We are moving our PHP environment to GO and Microservices. This is an incredible opportunity to pioneer a massive GO system.
What are some day to day responsibilities?
- Set and drive the architectural design and development objectives for our new, service oriented platform
- Review and develop architecture plans for both internal and external teams
- Always looking for the ideal, elegant solution to a problem while still making sure to partner effectively with other areas of the department and company
- Help make critical software design decisions that will have an immediate and lasting impact on the platform
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products
- Analyze and evaluate existing solutions within the company and make decisions on whether to extend of refactor as needed
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues quickly, but bring a calm and rational solution to situations
- Provide technical leadership and help mentor engineering
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
Somethings to think about
- 3 core technology teams: API and mid-infrastructure team and the middle to forward facing team
- All agile all the time
- Teams of about 3-5 Engineers – mostly Full Stack
What do you need for this role?
- Expert-level experience working with APIs / in an API-driven environment (REST, RPC, GraphQL)
- You excel in finding the best solution to a given problem while also mentoring other engineers – explaining the “why’s” along the way.
- You’re personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, and possess a passion and love for what they do.
- Advanced experience architecting large-scale decoupled, service oriented systems
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems
- Expert-level experience working with one or more of the following: Go, Node, Python or PHP
- Experience working within cloud-based environments like AWS and GCP – specifically related to networking, compute, database, cache, and storage services
- An active member of the open source and New York tech community a plus
- Experience working with retail, e-commerce, and POS systems a plus
If you’re a Senior Web Engineer and looking to take that next big step in your career AND work with GO, this is your chance! Apply today for immediate consideration.