Are you a hands-on engineer who can lead and own technology development help define the fundamental building blocks of infrastructure? You will have a foundational role in setting the technical direction for us as the team grows. If hands on opportunities for technical leadership and people management interest you, please read this!
What’s the job?
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to get in at the ground floor and join a fast growing, well funded startup. This is a full-time position in New York.
- You will help architect, build and optimize critical components on both front-end and backend systems, building and optimizing for scale.
- Building web applications with Python
- Work with our head of product to layout technical roadmap of applications
- Review and recommend architecture changes to application portfolio
- Act as a Technical Leader, responsible for designing and building our systems as mentor, coach, manager, and hands-on engineer
Who are we?
We are a venture-backed, stealth mode startup based in NYC that is disrupting the current retail landscape. We provides a solution and support for local, emerging, and direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses to open their own storefronts. We lower the barrier of entry for brands by offering turnkey Studio Shops in larger communal spaces combined with technology, experiences, and a built-in community of retailers and shoppers.
Our company is founded and funded by a well known and respected individual that developed some of the largest shopping malls in the world as well as a massive mobile marketing company with over 420 million users.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience working as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- 1+ years team leadership/management experience is a PLUS
- Experience building entire products, including the platform’s architecture
- Experience building on cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
- Experience using analytics and user feedback to help drive engineering decisions
- Experience with testing infrastructure, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, etc
Some Plusses would be:
- Built analytics and reporting to support business functions outside engineering
- Built across web and mobile platforms
If you’re a self-starter with great knowledge of both client-side, backend languages, frameworks and possess the ability to learn and expand professional knowledge. This is the hands on leadership position that you’ve been looking for.
Apply today to immediate consideration.