Do want to manage a team Back End Software Engineers? Top enterprises and brands rely on us to deliver personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, and devices. Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over a billion active users are managed through our technology. We’re solving the hard problem of humanizing brands – ensuring the world’s best brands can interface with hundreds of millions of users in a way that is highly personalized.
If managing a team of senior level back end Software Engineers interest you, you should read this!
What’s the job?
We’re looking for an engineering manager for our Messaging & Automation team of 4. This team builds core orchestration, segmentation, and messaging functionality that supports billions of messages per day.
You will help us architect, build and optimize critical components on both front-end and backend systems, building and optimizing for massive scale. You will both manage the team and lead software development:
- 4 Direct reports and looking to hire 1-2 more. Currently 3 Sr. Engineers, 1 Software Engineers
- 10-20% hands on at the beginning with Ruby on Rails – You won’t be building features, but when we architect something new, you’re the one that writes the first 2,000 lines of code
- Code, design and architecture reviews
- Functional code changes
- Design Doc Reviews
- Pull request review
- Hiring and growing the engineering team
What do you need for this role?
- Strong back end software engineer background with large scale systems – we process 1.25 billion messages a day
- Strong knowledge on database and back end systems – we’re using Ruby, MongoDB and a little Java and Go for Services
- A strong track record of success as a lead Engineer
- Minimally 1 year as an Engineering Manager
- Professional experience with one or more of the following backend technologies: Ruby, Java, Go, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails, microservice architecture, distributed systems, Redis
- Professional experience with one or more modular web-app technologies, such as KnockoutJS, React, Vue, Angular; and languages, such as ES6, TypeScript, and Coffeescript
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with agile processes
Experience in one of the following: databases at scale, front-end architecture, service architectures, AI/ML, email infrastructure, columnar data stores
What’s in it for you?
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, and group events. Inclusive and diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market-leading company and have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, and fun-loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
Do want to manage a team Back End Software Engineers on a product with over 1.25 Billion active users? If you’re looking to use your skills at building scalable software while managing a team, you should apply now!!