Do you want to work on a SaaS platform that hits 15 Million customers a week? If you’re a Senior Python Engineer with a common interest in distributed systems Microservices, Docker and building scalable API’s, you should read this!
What’s the job?
Your work will positively impact the lives of millions of users. The role is for a Senior Software Engineer skilled with Python. You will get to build the platform that powers the retail experience for some of largest brands in the world. You will use the latest tools and technologies to solve challenging and interesting problems to redefine the way people shop, and how online retailers develop relationships with their customers.
What are we doing?
- Moving from a monolithic application to Microservices
- Our application manages all the authentication and authorization using the highest security standards
- Scaling our platform to support exponential user growth.
- Building platform features that make the life easier for engineers working in other teams within the company as well as those working for our biggest clients
- Developing and maintaining our external APIs which are flexible, extremely responsive, and highly available.
- Materializing our long term SaaS platform vision by turning it into tactical goals and requirements.
- Moving our environment to Docker and containerization
Our team of 7 in New York is extremely talented. We share a common interest in distributed backend systems, scalability, availability, and continued deployment.
What do you need for this role?
- You have 3-5 years of experience in designing and building distributed, high volume services preferably written in Python
- You are a skilled communicator and are comfortable articulating complex ideas and talking abstract concepts
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structure, and algorithms
- You care about code quality, know what it means to ship high quality code, and are eager to continuously improve by leaving the grass greener on any piece of the platform you get to work on
- You are a passionate mentor and advocate for your technological vision but you are also respectful and open to learn from other people’s view points
- You may have experience with one or more of e-commerce products, high volume SaaS products, payment systems
- You may have experience supporting external APIs and/or developer communities
Who are we?
- Raised $40M from top notch investors
- Headquartered in the heart of NYC (with offices in Austin and Boston)
- Over 100 clients including some of the largest ecommerce brands in the counry
- Voted on of New York’s Hottest Tech Start-Ups!
- A dedicate culture committee
- Array of activities including, Wine Tours, Summer BBQ and Game Nights where we can get together and have fun
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive Compensation package
- Stock options
- 6,000 sq ft private terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan