We are a growing Data Engineering team looking to build up their team with strong full-stack data engineers. We are a leader in the financial news and information space, and need great engineers at the core of our business.
Come apply to us to learn more so we can tell you about this great opportunity!
What’s the Job?
The Data Engineer will be joining our 6-person team here in Downtown Manhattan. The role focuses on three things:
1) Data Projects: You will be working on ETL, building data pipelines, data cleaning, ingestion, and working on everything to do with getting our data into our data lake.
2) Infrastructure: You will be helping to maintain the data infrastructure supporting all of our analytics. We use Spark clusters, Kubernetes, and AWS for example. You will be helping to build out, upgrade and maintain these systems.
3) Tech Liaison: We need you to be able to work with our data scientists and analysts to make sure we’re providing them the data they need to do their jobs. You will be finding out what they need, then building out the systems they need.
What Skills Do We Need?
• We are looking for true engineers. You should have good engineering fundamentals and open to working on different systems using the right tools.
• You should have a strong Linux background.
• Plus: If you have experience with cloud systems, data infrastructure, and/or data engineering.
Who are We?
We are a large company that has been around for decades providing news, information and insights to the financial industry. We are known for our work-life balance, stability and room for growth for our employees. We have offices around the world, and you will be working in our office in Downtown Manhattan.
• $100,000 – $145,000 (depending on experience)
• Full Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
• 401(k) Plan with 3% Match
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy with 3 Weeks Vacation from the Beginning
• Great work/life balance
• Travel reimbursement
What’s In It For You?
For true engineers looking to flex their engineering experience and ability with a growing division, this will be a great job for you. We will provide the tools, resources and direction to further your experience in the engineering space. Also, you get to work with large, interesting data.