Are you a Full Stack PHP Engineer with solid React skills? Do you want to build a SaaS product already used by over 21 Million people? Our Engineering team is growing and we need a Senior PHP/React Engineer that is interested in growing their career. If this interest you, you should read this!
What’s the job?
Our Back-end infrastructure is built with PHP using Symfony 3.4 as the Framework. As a product-oriented company, we have 2 monoliths, an old one that feels a bit like the wild, wild west, and a more modern one that is highly structured leveraging fascinating patterns and conventions. Our vision for the future is continuously evolving, with plans to introduce microservices into our infrastructure this year. Our roles not only involve understanding and contributing quality code to our existing architecture, but also being a key part of the initiatives that will lead us forward.
You’ll be responsible for assessing the complexity, design solutions for new features, implement, and iterate on your product. You’ll have the opportunity to become the leader of your projects and other critical initiatives that are important to you and the company.
Our modular software and scalable cloud infrastructure allows us to be stable and flexible as we provide SaaS features to our free and paid clients. We deal in workflow, efficiency optimization, and bulk data manipulation. We are building out an API-driven service oriented architecture using PHP.
Our team is global. You’ll work (virtually) alongside engineers in Madrid and Lagos, in addition to the team in New York. .
The development and product teams are at our core and contribute directly to the success of our team and company. We’re proud to belong to a company where we continuously challenge each other to level up our skills and techniques – and we expect all our engineers to be inspired and evolve our conventions and tools.
Who are we?
We’re a super-cool event marketing startup in New York City. We’re on a number of exciting adventures including building our Engineering Teams in NYC and Madrid.
From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, we enable marketers to reach and connect with target audiences in-person, efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results.
Though New York City is where our heart is, we have offices in both Philly and Phoenix, and software development collaborators in the EU (Madrid, Spain).
Our Engineering team consist of about 25 people including 6-8 people on the product side of the house.
What do you need for this role?
- As a Senior PHP Engineer, you need to have sound PHP skills within any MVC framework. Although we use Symfony 3.4 here, we don’t require that you have experience with it.
- Ideally You have 3 or more years of proven experience with back-end development.
- You need to have experience with PHP or other fantastic languages such as Python (but are interested in working a bit with PHP – it’s our primary backend language for now!)
- You have worked with large codebases; some monolithic; some distributed – all of which have been in production and in-use by real clients and customers
- You’re up to date with what’s going on in the Back-end world and are eager to grow your engineering skills
- You’re an awesome communicator, enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking. You also command a great sense of humor
- Bonus: you’re open to learn and play in the full stack and with languages/frameworks , as it would increase your autonomy
What’s in it for you?
This role is based in our NYC office on 26th between 5th and 6th. We foster an environment of good vibes, support, encouragement, focus, collaboration and fun.
- You’ll have the option to work from home when you need to, if possible
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with really cool office dogs
- We’ll support your participation in meetups and dev conferences
- A vibrant, energetic and diverse office atmosphere
- Spontaneous and planned events & off-sites with your team and company
If you’re a back end PHP Engineer looking to make the move to a product focused company, apply here for immediate consideration!https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/averityteam/job/1s3epjnzf3k-309914