Would you consider yourself an expert in API integrations and innovations? Does the world of cybersecurity and biometrics interest you? If yes, then you should read this!
What’s the job?
In brief, we need a Senior Engineer to build and explore technologies to foster the growth of our platform. There currently aren’t any team members dedicated to this role on a full time basis, so this is a greenfield for someone to step into.
- As a team, we are in charge of all the integrations of some major APIs that help run biometrics and cybersecurity on a multi-national level
- Act as the internal and external expert in the design and support of our APIs
- Take charge in integrating our API platform with our current and future client base
- Although we research and develop, we are 100% focused on delivery of a product
- We are writing new APIS that will integrate with our ever expanding client base, not just tweaking and integrating the old ones.
- Partner closely with the back-end and client technology teams
- Build proof of concept integrations and production prototypes on the full technology stack
- We are working on are a building a POS system for credit card payments, but this has a lot to do with age verification piece in place
- Research and investigate new technologies for the purpose of applied solutions and/or innovation
- Engage in the developer community, both to assist with API usage and to share our designs and solutions
Our back end is written in Java.
What do you need for this role?
You’re the type of person that is energized by groundbreaking efforts and answers technical challenges with “how” not “if”. You’re comfortable contributing to date driven, mission-critical projects while defending and communicating expectations which will lead to a high quality end result.
- Expert understanding of RESTful APIs
- Comfort and a genuine interest in new technologies and how they would integrate with our platform
- Java would be prefered, but not required
- Experience in the security, cybersecurity and/or biometrics would be great
- Excellent communication skills are essential for this role
- A strong software background and a proven record of software development success (in industry and/or with open source).
- BS, MS, PhD in computer science, engineering, physics, or a related field is strongly preferred
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
If you have a desire to envision, innovate, and quickly become an expert in a delivering a new and better world through biometrics and security, then we want to talk to you!
This is a full time role in New York, NY. Since the nature of our business is security, you must be a US Citizen and need to pass an in depth screening and background check for this role.
We have a generous compensation plan with a tremendous benefits package.
If this sounds like you, please apply for immediate consideration!