Are you interested in working on one of the most cutting-edge ad serving platforms for online streaming content? Are you looking for an innovative, creative, fast-moving environment that lives and breathes data using the newest tools?
What’s the Job?
First and foremost, as the Director of Data Engineering, you will be leading our organization’s transition into modern, state-of-the-art data platforms. This means you have both the vision and the ability to communicate this vision, and has shown a track record of doing so with other companies in the past. You will be helping to answer the question: Where are we taking our data?
As the Director of Data Engineering, you will be managing a team of managers, and a team of around 30 people overall. You will be reporting up to the Senior Vice President, and you will be working out of our headquarters here in Flatiron.
Who Are We?
Our division is tasked to oversee advanced advertising sales across all of our properties. We are at the forefront of the industry using the most advanced tools and technologies to ensure we are the best of the best in our area.
We are located in the Flatiron district of Manhattan and as part of one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
What Skills Do You Need?
• Must have a strong data engineering foundation, having hands-on experience with ETL and using technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
• Everything we do is in the cloud, so you must be experienced with AWS or GCP
• Managerial experience is a must, having managed small to mid sized teams of 10 or more engineers ideally
• $175,000 – $200,000 base salary
• Competitive bonus and RSUs
• Full Medical, Dental and Vision
What’s In It For You?
There aren’t many roles where you are expected, and encouraged, to use the latest and greatest technologies out there. This is that role. You will be at the forefront of the industry working with one of the most recognizable media companies in the country.