What’s the job?
As stated, this is running our most high profile and revenue producing team for the company. Out of 70 people in the company, 35 people are in Engineering with 6 Scrum teams. You’ll be managing a team of 2 Engineers plus a Product Manager to start. This team builds out the SaaS platform that manages subscriptions, memberships, smart AI based subscriptions, ecommerce purchases where their customers can manage in-store pickups and more. This SaaS application averages about 15 Million hits weekly.
Other than running the most high profile and revenue generating part of our SaaS platform, you’ll also get to help lead moving the underlying infrastructure to Docker and Kubernetes running on Google’s Cloud Platform (GCP). A little over a year ago we started transitioning everything from Monolithic Applications to Microservices so you will get to have a hand in a lot of this transition.
About 50% of your job will still be spent hand on writing code. The other 50% of your job will be architectural oversight, code reviews, foundational code changes and employee reviews.
What do you need for this role?
You do NOT need to be an expert in our technology stack, but you do need to passionate about engineering. Our Back End is Python with Django.
Other areas of expertise we would LOVE to see:
- Product driven expertise and interest. Whatever the size of the team or company, we really need someone product oriented
- Experience managing an Engineering team
- Agile, Scrum
- Full stack engineering chops: our stack run Python on the back end, but if you’re open to learning Python, we want to talk to you. Other tech that would interest us are: Ruby, PHP or Java
What’s in it for you?
- Voted one of New York’s Hottest Tech Start-Ups!
- A dedicate culture committee
- Array of activities including, Wine Tours, Summer BBQ and Game Nights where we can get together and have fun
- Incredible Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- 100% Flexible and unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity/Stock option package
- 6,000 sq ft private terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan.
What else can you get by joining our team? The bragging rights to say you were here when it all began! We welcome you to explore the basis of our company’s success, the people and the product!
If this SW Engineering Manger role sounds like the right job for you, please apply here!