Our firm is one of the top hedge funds / asset managers in NYC. Currently, the firm has approximately 250 employees and manages over $28 billion and is growing rapidly.
We are actively looking for an Application Support Analyst with a Buy Side Financial Background
What you will be doing:
Serve as an application/production support Level 1 and 2 analysts for the company’s hedge fund applications. In this role, the support analyst will be the primary person responsible for working with business users to assist them with all their application support needs with regard to the applications they use to do their day-to-day job. The analyst will also establish and maintain a relationship with the business users to coordinate their needs with the many third-party application vendors and the internal application developers. Ad-hoc SQL queries will be required in response to business users’ requests, delivering timely and quality solutions and increased benefits to the business.
PowerShell ETL (data loading) and other scripting is a common requirement. The company has a large set of scripts that are scheduled via the JAMS scheduling system, and the group is responsible for making sure these scripts run smoothly and escalating to the developers as necessary.
Though you don’t need particular experience in them to start, some of the applications supported include:
- FIS VPM Fund Accounting System
- Charles River OMS
- Electra STAARS (Recon) and ACTION (Settlement)
- Cash Recon
- Vendor Management / Invoice Tracking
- MiFID and other regulatory reporting
What Skills / Knowledge We Are Looking For:
- Prior Experience working for a Buy Side Organization
- Strong application support / Automation Experience
- Experience working with JAMS or equivalent batch scheduling system.
- PowerShell, VBScript or related scripting language.
- Solid SQL background.
What’s in it for you?
- An Excellent Compensation Structure that will pay a base salary of between 120K – 150K PLUS an extensive bonus structure (30-50% on average)
- Fully Paid for Benefits
A Collaborative Workplace where you will learn about multiple financial products and have the opportunity to grow into other roles. https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/averityteam/job/r23wtcx2d1m-500981