Are you a Principal level Big Data Engineer who wants to utilize their skills in an environment that handles 2-3 Billion events per day. This isn’t just Big Data, it’s BIG BIG Data! If that interests you, keep reading…
What’s The Job?
As a Principal Data Engineer on our Big Data Pipelines team, you will be making sense of Terabytes of datas to help shape our companies outcomes. This is a hands on role, and we want you to be the role model to our other highly talented Data Engineers.
You will be building out faultless Data Pipelines, and processing Big Data in realtime. We will be looking at you to set the direction for our engineering teams, architect new initiatives, and appraise new technologies to see if they can help us develop bigger, faster, stronger.
You need to be experienced with Test-driven development (TDD) as we will be looking to you for how we can constantly improve our data testing methods/infrastructure.
What Skills / Experience Do You Need?
• Building Data Pipelines with Python, Luigi, Airflow.
• Processing Big Data in real-time with Spark, Flink, Kafka.
• Migrating/storing Data in to the cloud with AWS.
• An education in Computer Science.
• Background in using Test-driven development (TDD).
Who Are We?
We are the preeminent video platform company based in NYC. If you see a video on the web, we probably helped put it there. Our office is located in Midtown Manhattan, right next to a subway stop in for your commuting pleasure. It’s a super cool space, with all the things you would expect in a startup like culture (too many perks to name).
• The right candidate can be looking at a base salary of around $200,000.
• Principal level engineers are also eligible for Bonus payments.
• We offer / provide Equity with the position.