We are looking for a forward-thinking, creative Executive Director, Data Science, to come help innovate at a global investment bank headquartered here in New York City.
If you are looking to join a team that is building from the ground-up and to make a real impact, then we want to meet you!
What is the Job?
We are a new Data Science division that has been tasked to take the incredibly large data from one of our key business lines (Treasury Services) and to innovate and build around it.
What does this mean we are trying to do?
• We are looking at ways to better understand our clients with this data to improve the customer experience.
• We are looking at ways to generate new revenue streams from this data.
• We are looking at ways to modernize the way we look at our data so we can compete with our competitors.
The common theme is that we are building from the ground-up new and innovative ways to use data science to be a leader within our company. The amount of data we work with is incredible rich, and we need innovators who are excited about having access to this data to help lead us into the future. We already have one project in production, and another coming online in a few months, so you should expect to see your work come into production in a reasonable amount of time.
We are located in Midtown Manhattan just blocks from Grand Central Station. We place a strong value on teamwork and work-life balance, and many of the people that join us stay with us for the long-haul to build their career.
• $250,000 – $375,000
• Generous Bonus
• Full Benefits (medical, dental and vision)
• 401(k) with Matching Benefits
• Stock Purchase Options
• Generous Wellness Programs
Who Are We?
We are a top-tier global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
What Skills Do You Need?
• You must be experienced and knowledgable using Python and building Machine Learning models
• Ideally you started in finance, moved industries, and would like to move back
• We prefer Data Scientists with a Master’s or PhD
• You must be a creative thinker with strong communication skills that enjoys working collaboratively
• You can be described as passionate, curious, open-minded and persistent
What’s In It For You?
This is a great chance for an experienced data scientist to join a top financial institution and help make real decisions that will immediately impact our company’s future. You will also have the opportunity to see your work used in production in a short amount of time.