Monday – Friday 8AM – 4PM
We are an international law firm headquartered in New York seeking a Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer, reporting to the Supervisor of Network Operations. The NOC is the only group in I.S. that is staffed 24 x 7 x 365 days a year. The Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer is a mid-level engineering position. This will start out as a 6-month contract and does have real possibility to convert to a full time permanent position.
We are looking for candidates local to the NYC Metro Area please.
What Will You Do?
- Every aspect of the day-to-day operations of the Firm’s global network, data center local area network, servers, computing infrastructure, as well as the integrity of the Firm’s data and application run-time environments.
- Assist users and other I.S. personnel over the phone and via e-mail. Customer service and prompt attention to users’ needs is expected.
- Support all aspects of a Microsoft Windows network including Microsoft and third-party applications, Windows servers, WAN, and LAN connectivity.
- Handle incident management, communication (written and verbal), and troubleshooting with limited direct supervision.
What Skills Are We Looking For?
- 3-5 years of network operations experience in a midsize to large environment
- Windows 2000/2003/2008 administration experience
- Exchange 2007/2010 support experience
- Experience with network monitoring tools (SCOM, What’s Up, SIM, PRTG)
- Network troubleshooting skills (ping, tracert, nslookup, etc.)
- Knowledge of Windows infrastructure services (WINS, DNS, Active Directory)
- Experience supporting a VMWare 4.x environment
- Law Firm Experience is a strong PLUS
- iManage Support Experience is a PLUS
What’s in it for You?
- Hourly Rate is $50 Per Hour
- A Very Positive, Friendly, and collaborative work environment
- Real Full Time Conversion Possibility