Are you a DevOps Engineer or SRE interested in working with both AWS and GCP? Would you like to work for one of the most respected publications in the world that is making an impact in the world on a daily basis?
What is the job?
We are looking for a mid-level or senior engineer to join our SRE and core infrastructure team. In this role you will report directly to the Manager of SRE wearing many different hats for the team. This role is all encompassing and you will need a sound programming background.
You will work in a mix of development, automation, and building out our cloud platform. This includes programming in the command line and working heavily with containerization building a scalable and stable cloud environment for our high traffic publications.
Our team is focusing on Google Cloud Platform, however there is also some AWS in the mix.
The primary language we are using is Golang and we are using Kubernetes to manage our Docker workload. For configuration management we are using Drone, an open source tool written in Go and Docker centric.
What skills and programming languages are we looking for?
• Go is our core language and solid experience will be a major advantage
• We are also interested in candidates with solid programming experience in languages such as Python and Ruby
• Cloud experience is a must – we are using GCP, but AWS would be great
• Docker and Kubernetes are a plus
• A System Operations background would be beneficial as well
What is in it for you?
We are offering a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition you will also have the option to work from home 1-3 days a week.
• Comp: $130,000-$160,000 + 10% Discretionary Bonus
In Brief, we are one of the largest content producers and publishing companies in the world.
This is an immediate need in New York, NY. We are screening resumes and setting up interviews immediately.