We are one of the world’s largest entertainment and broadcasting firms, with a large office in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. We are known throughout the world for providing world class news and television entertainment.
We have an immediate need for a Director of Data Centers. You would manage a staff of 12 engineers. 6 local Data Center Engineers, and 6 located in Miami (You would travel to see them 3-4 times per year).
You will be responsible for providing front line sustainability for all production and media prep systems across Englewood Cliffs, NJ. You will also be responsible for the overall management, design, budgeting, technical direction, and successful coordination of all Data Center production engineering activities.
Your Day Will Include:
- Direct Management of infrastructure and application engineers.
- Operational budget preparation, management, and driving capital project timelines.
- Implementation of standards, controls, processes and technologies that ensure a high degree of availability and reliability for the production system environments.
- Building and articulating future technical requirements and recommendations.
- Identify and plan for operational risks relative to production requirements over short to medium term.
- Vendor management by monitoring performance, providing feedback, championing new projects, and defining or approving/disapproving change control processes.
- Provide employee reviews and goal setting as required. Set department goals based on Technology and Company goals.
- Operational risks management and just in time (JIT) operational changes based on requirements.
- Outage management across operational partners and client base.
- Lead investigations of outages and issues in Media Fulfillment and Post Production systems and their integration points to identify systematic issues and root causes
- 5+ years of experience managing a team and several substantial projects.
- Minimum 5 years working with IT Infrastructure systems, with a solid understanding of network protocols and standards (e.g. DNS, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, UDP).
- Storage Area Networks and archive technologies (SAN, NAS, LTO, Fibre Channel, and Object Storage)
- System management experience running infrastructure and applications.
- Knowledge of SDI Video/IP Protocols.
- Running point on all outage responses, directing engineers and clients through to issue resolution.
- Audio/Video production system internals and design considerations.
- Video transcoding systems; design, configuration and management.
- Internet client/server protocol technologies and web technologies.
- Computing and network systems, standards, applications and methodologies.
- Understanding of technologies, content flow, and distribution to the web (e.g. CMS, Closed Captioning, Social Media, Transcode)
What’s in it for you?
- Great Base Salary of 160K+
- 10% Bonus
- Growth Potential and Great Staff