We need a Senior Oracle Database Engineer to come join our small team here in New York City. Even better, this role is partially remote.
What’s the Job?
You will combine your passion for DBMS to deliver continuous value to customers and help define, design, deploy and support company databases. You will work collaboratively with engineering teams to provide standalone and clustering solutions based on Oracle, SQL and AWS RDS databases.
You must be located in the New York City area, but this role is partially remote, which means our team works from home at least one day a week. We’re pretty flexible in case you need to work from home on other days for other reasons.
We are a small team right now, and we have a larger data team, including both engineers and data scientists (about 25 total), that work with us in a collaborative, fun environment. We are located in Midtown East near a number of subways.
What Skills Do We Need?
1) Must have experience with Oracle 11g R1, 11g R2, and 12c residing on Amazon RDS is a must have, as well as general working knowledge of Oracle in a Linux based environment
2) ETL experience with regards to managing data workflow jobs is highly preferred
3) Familiarity with working on cloud platforms as well NoSQL, MongoDB, and Cassandra are all huge pluses
• $125,000 – $150,000 base salary
• 401(k) Plan, Pension
• Full Medical, Dental, Workers’ Compensation, Life Insurance
• Company product discounts
Who Are We?
We are a diverse company (20,000+ employees around the world) in the education field. We offer a number of different products related to helping students succeed.
There are over 1,000,000 students in 30+ countries that work with us.
What’s In It For You?
If you want to work with a great group of engineers that are fun, collaborative, and at the forefront of technology in the education sector, then this is a great opportunity. You also have the chance to join a small but growing team.