Would working at one of the most prestigious and largest consumer facing media companies in the world interest you? If you’re a Front End Engineer that wants an opportunity to use React and Redux while working one of this media giant’s teams, read this!
What’s the job?
We have 8 product focused teams with open jobs for Front End Engineers. Our team handle all the front end components for video, games, CMS, ad products, reader experiences and more. Overall, you will have a massive impact on our 3 million user subscriber base. We report more than 200 stories from dozens of countries around the world on topics ranging from major international events to the best way to roast a chicken. Those stories are read, listened to and watched by millions of users across our web and mobile products.
All our team use an identical technology stack:
- HTML 5; CSS 3
- Our back end is GO
What do you need for the role?
We need some that is focused on Front End Engineering but wouldn’t mind jumping into the Full Stack every now and again. The core requirements are proven experience with:
- GraphQL and CSS Modules
What’s in it for you?
- We are a New York- based engineering organization with a remote-friendly workplace that includes engineers around the world
- We believe diversity fuels innovation and creativity, and we have a variety of employee groups dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace
- We are committed to career development and have a formal mentoring program. We encourage our engineers to participate in conferences and we frequently host talks by industry leaders
- We have a generous tuition reimbursement program and you can use this time on career-relevant activities like attending a formal class, internal company training, online training, a self-developed learning program or even by teaching others. Every person within the tech organization is expected to spend five full days focusing on learning
- We run a Maker Week event twice a year, where Design, Product, Project, Marketing and Technology come together to work on compelling, creative, cross-functional projects
- We offer a generous parental leave policy, which was recently expanded in response to employee feedback. Birth mothers receive 16 weeks fully paid, adoptive parents and birth partners receive 10 weeks also fully paid
- We offer competitive health and dental insurance as well as 401(k) matching
If you’re a Front End Engineer in New York and working with a world class engineering team interest you, please apply now!