What is the job?
Although we are a multinational company, this development team is small yet crucial to our B2B platform, which was recently released. Our platform services news to our customers, which include journalists, broadcasters, publishers, and news organizations. These services allow our customers to utilize our content or create and distribute their own content.
As a member of this division, you will develop critical new features for the platform. On a day to day basis, you will participate in stand-ups- we’re currently on a three week release cycle. You’ll work on the web interface, and you’ll have the opportunity to work on back-end services after you become proficient in Clojure and ClojureScript. Our platform is deployed to cloud services, so you’ll also have an opportunity to familiarize yourself with AWS.
Our tech stack is:
Clojure and ClojureScript (You will work with these from day one!)
Back End: Java
Amazon Web Services
Who are you?
- You are a Front End Engineer with at least 4 years of experience with solid firms under your belt.
- You are comfortable with React and have used it in a professional setting.
- You have worked with or are interested in working with Clojure and ClojureScript.
- You have knowledge of at least one web stack such as Rails, Django, LAMP, etc.
- You’re experienced in functional programming.
- You are up on the latest technologies and are always interested in learning how to better solve problems.
- You’ve participated in code reviews.
What are the plusses?
- Clojure and ClojureScript are not requirements, but it is a big plus if you’re familiar with them.
- You have a BS in Computer Science.
Who are we?
We are an international news provider that reaches over one billion people daily. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
What’s in it for you?
This is a full-time position in our New York office. We are offering a very competitive salary up to $125,000 plus a 10% bonus.
We have a tremendous benefits package, flexible work schedule, and value our work/life balance.