We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer to develop and own the deployment of security patches to our production infrastructure.
Success in this role will make all aspects of our engineering team more successful by building up security around our core infrastructure, including monitoring and proactive solutions.
We connect patients, doctors, and developers to accelerate healthcare innovation. Our customers range from independent doctors offices like Grand Street Dental to public tech companies like SmileDirectClub.
We help doctors modernize their businesses, help developers innovate faster, and help patients receive a modern healthcare experience.
Our engineering team is building new infrastructure to bolster the healthcare industry. We address complex problems and artfully connect antiquated systems with our technology to create a seamless experience for patients, doctors, and developers.
What You'll Do
• Develop internal tooling for automatic deployment of security patches to our production infrastructure.
• Build out, test and maintain disaster recovery solutions and tabletop exercises.
• Own and manage our security vulnerability monitoring and intrusion detection systems. Ensure we are proactively fixing issues raised.
• Work in tandem with our development teams (code/configuration flaws) to ensure we are addressing security concerns in our architecture and development efforts. Identify and develop tools to improve this process.
• Develop tools to automate the ongoing security auditing of IAM permissions and other AWS configurations
• Ensure adherence to all development & security standards across the org
• Deploy new systems with best practices and security
• Identify and improve on possible points of failure in the infrastructure/applications
• Ensure high quality monitoring coverage to prevent alert fatigue
• Develop self-service processes and tools interactions for development teams
• Collaborate with development teams around best practices
• Help build an amazing team!
What You'll Bring
• Background in Product Security and/or Application Security teams with enterprise and/or cloud applications.
• Experience with security integrations with 3rd party systems
• Experience turning feedback from security analysis tools (Amazon Inspector, etc) into infrastructure improvements
• Experience with containers (ie Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (ie. Kubernetes), and container security.
• Experience managing and automating AWS deployments
• Experience working on crypto primitives, authentication protocols, and authorization standards (ie. SAML, OAuth, SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth)
• Experience working with IT and engineering teams to develop security controls across the company
• Passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
• Knowledge of information security standards rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g. HIPAA, PCI, DSS, etc.)
• We're built on Ruby, Python and PostgreSQL. Experience here is desired.
• B.S. or greater Computer Science or another technical field
• Competitive salary at $220K maximum, plus equity
• Full Medical, Dental and Vision
• Unlimited PTO
Nothing but a positive experience working with Averity and Samantha Hoffenberg in particular. Professional, attentive and extremely supportive every step of the way. Samantha actually took the time to really understand my background - no cut and paste here. Shortly thereafter I was matched with three opportunities that really fit my skillset and where I was at in my career. Prepping for interviews was concise and relevant and I was kept informed every step of the way. No guessing where I was at in the interview process. No waste-of-time body count interviews. It was obvious Samantha had solid, long-lasting relationships with the firms I interviewed with as the feedback was always informative. This is one recruiter I can and do actually recommend and the first person I will be calling if the need ever arises again.
Chris Descrescenzo and the team at Averity are phenomenal. 5 stars are simply not enough! I've worked with quite a few recruiters in the past but Chris Descrescenzo and the Averity team are exceptional. I just landed an incredible job opportunity after a single interview. Especially in this tenuous economic climate, I truly appreciated the steps and care Chris took. He was incredibly generous with his time, and made sure the position was a good match. Then, he sent me incredible prep notes which were invaluable. He followed up with me every step of the way and was always there to talk through every possible question. I have never had a more successful interview process. Hands down. I could write a novella about his knowledge, kindness and professionalism. But simply put: He is the best. Thank you!
I had a stellar experience working with Stephanie Grosso at Averity. She's got this great combo of positivity and efficiency, and she helped me land a job less than a month after we first spoke. I felt super supported at every step of the multi-stage interview process, and she's always been available with great advice whenever I needed it. Definitely a high-quality recruitment experience.
I worked with Chris De Crescenzo from Averity, he reached out to me with a role that was right in line with my skills at the time. The role was a great fit for me with an awesome company, and he kept me up-to-date and informed at each turn of the interview process. In almost no time I was at the final interview step and Chris walked me through the on-boarding process and how to go from there. He was a pleasure to work with and professional, ensuring I was prepared at each step of the way so that I was primed for success. It was great working with Averity and especially him!
I had a great experience working with Averity. The team was continually attentive, and very effective at presenting me with the right opportunities and advocating for me throughout the offer stage. I'd highly recommend them!
I just had an extremely positive experience working with the DevOps placement team Alex, Daniel, and Chad. They were all consummate professionals who kept my schedule full with relevant interviews. They also helped prep me and were constantly checking in to make sure we were doing everything we could to find the next opportunity. There is potentially a lot of stress that comes with a career transition, but the folks at Averity really know how to help you focus on next steps and moving forward one day at a time. I couldn't recommend them any higher.