As a household name of television networks, we are always looking to grow our talent pool in the tech space, be a leader in the industry and provide an innovative platform for our millions of viewers across the globe.
MUST HAVE MEDIA EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB ! ! !
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to come in with an energetic attitude and passion for technology. You will manage a team of direct reports and consultants. This role requires cross collaboration with the center of excellence, architecture and application teams and stake holders so great communication skills are a must.
What is your mission?
This is a hands on management role, we are really looking for someone to be just as strong on the technical side as they are being able to lead a team. If there are any technical challenges, the ideal candidate will step into problem solve and help with workloads. You are not leading the architecture discussions but being a part of them, raising concerns ! ! !
What skills do you need to be successful in this role?
- Strong leadership and communication skills are a must. We also are open to candidates who have proven leadership as a team lead or similar role and are looking to grow their career!
- Don't expect the candidate to do any hands on coding, unless they want to do that (good way to build credibility)Must be fluent in the technologies being used
- Be responsible for the consumer facing web aspects of the business
- Worked on a high traffic website , managed a URL
- Direct reports - 7 or 8 reports that will be a mix of AE, FT and Contract. Split across 3 teams (marketing websites/SEO, Ad supported video site, and video sub site)
- Our applications run 100% is AWS, we are fully server-less. Previously deploying on AWS is a huge plus as well as any Kubernetes experience
- React, Next.js for web services, more Typescript, Deployment using Vercell, public on AWS. DB is MONGO.
- Experience in media / video media
- Tools around video streaming tech, payment management, authentication
What’s in it for you?
We want our employees to have all the resources they need for success. Even though we expect the right candidate to be technically and functionally skilled for the role, we will offer hands on training for several months.
- $175-190k base salary + extra benefits
- Fully remote (States authorized: CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, MA, MI, MN, NV, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OR, SC, S. Dakota, TX, Wisc.,WV, WY)
- Excellent benefit program for you & your family
* Should have the ability to work East Coast hours *