About the company:
We are a public benefit corporation created and funded by a unique consortium of foundations and private sector companies including the Ford Foundation, the Omidyar Network, S&P Global, and Hamilton Lane. We are a for-profit, mission-driven company with the goal of empowering the private markets to build a more inclusive and sustainable form of capitalism. By bringing together the brightest minds in financial data, private equity, social justice and inclusive capitalism, we aim to build the best technology and tools for the private markets to better collect, analyze, benchmark and report ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) data. We have an experienced and diverse team who are as ambitious about growing a successful company as we are about making an impact.
About the Role:
This role sits inside our Product and Engineering team, where you’ll be embedded into one of our squads working on expanding the feature set of ESG data and reporting platform. You’ll have a chance to get involved early in our product’s development, having the opportunity to shape and steer our platform’s technical direction as well as contribute code across the entire stack. This is a Heavier Backend Role with Emphasis on Node.js!
• Work closely with other engineers to architect and implement new features to improve our ESG data and reporting platform.
• Work closely with other stakeholders, such as designers and product managers to capture requirements and distill problems into value focused deliverables.
• Be actively involved in our various Guilds, ensuring that the team’s output achieves our quality and security goals.
• Fulfill additional duties as requested
• Excellent communication skills, and are able to work collaboratively and respectfully with other team members.
• Good judgment, and aren’t afraid to make decisions and act with purpose and intention to progress our goals, whilst understanding which battles to pick when it comes to business objectives versus technical limitations.
• An appetite to deliver through a high degree of personal commitment coupled with a natural passion for continuous learning and growth.
• A passion for CI/CD and automated testing
• Willing to travel to the NY office twice a year
Tech we use and teach:
• React and NextJS for our frontend.
• TypeScript and Node.js for our backend.
• Git for controlling change.
• Postgres for our persistent storage.
• Docker to package our services into containers.
• AWS for deployment, specifically ECS, ECR, RDS, Fargate and Lambda.
• Terraform to define our Infrastructure as Code.
What's in it for you:
• Compensation: $140,000- $180,000 Base Salary
• Fully Remote Role
• Full Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
• Great work life balance