We are a leading global law firm with over 900 lawyers in nine offices with integrated global practices, serving clients worldwide. Our firm has been in business for over 100 years and is a household name in the legal industry.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineering Manager who is a Citrix Expert to join our technology team. The Systems Engineering Manager is an experienced IT leader who provides technical leadership and direction, delivering a virtual desktop to support our lawyers in the delivery of legal services to clients. The Systems Engineering Manager reports to the Associate Director of Technology Infrastructure and oversees a team of Systems Engineers to ensure the delivery, stability, and performance of the firm’s desktop. The Systems Engineering Manager works closely with the Server/Storage and Network teams, Enterprise Applications, Business Applications, Information Security, and Technology Support to implement and maintain a desktop incorporating a full suite of legal industry applications. This hybrid position is based in the firm’s New York offices in Hudson Yards.
What Will the Citrix Systems Engineering Manager Do?
· Provides technical leadership for the design, performance-monitoring, tuning, scripting, upgrades, and maintenance of the firm’s Citrix environment.
· Makes architectural and operational recommendations
· Oversees administration on desktops for maintenance, upgrades, and image maintenance/updates/upgrades
· Ensures handling of incident tickets, troubleshooting and resolution
· Documents and tracks hardware and software configuration, migration, testing, and deployment solutions
· Plans and oversees the delivery of timely upgrades
· Supports applications, hardware, operating systems, and network infrastructure
· Collaborates with other IS teams to optimize systems performance and security protections
What Skills are we looking for in the Citrix Systems Engineer Manager?
· 10+ years of experience in virtual desktop, performance engineering, and systems engineering roles in a law firm or professional services organization
· Demonstrable technical depth and experience in Citrix virtual desktops, VMware, and Windows Operating Systems
· Proactive hands-on leader who has experience motivating a team and producing results with a positive, team-player attitude.
· Experience in any Cloud Provider (Azure, AWS, GCP) is a PLUS
What’s in it for the Citrix Systems Engineering Manager?