We are one of the top law firms in the world, with over 900 attorneys and hundreds more support staff. We are constantly investing in technology, and now, the firm is seeking a Practice Systems Manager to become an integral part of the Information Services Department. The Practice Systems Manager will manage the identification, selection, testing, and implementation of innovative practice solutions to support the Firm’s practices and clients and drive the adoption of those tools by working with lawyers and Practice Group Managers to develop supporting roles, responsibilities, and processes. The Practice Systems Manager works with the firm’s Knowledge Management attorneys, Practice Group Managers, Legal Project Management staff, and Information Services teams to identify and implement practical technology tools and resources.
· Collaborating with the firm’s practice groups, identify innovative tools to improve efficiencies of legal work and effectiveness of knowledge management platforms.
· Develop business cases to support the Firm’s investment in practice innovation initiatives.
· Coordinating with stakeholders, defining scope, organizing evaluation of tools, potential impact, and cost-effectiveness.
· Working with lawyers and Practice Group Managers, develops implementation plans including design of supporting roles, responsibilities and processes, documentation and end-user training.
· Works closely with the Information Security team and General Counsel’s office to ensure practice systems are implemented and maintained in compliance with the firm’s risk management requirements.
· Assists with database development, implementation, and administration that enable knowledge management and client service efficiencies.
· Maintains continuous ownership of the firm’s practice systems, working with lawyers and knowledge management professionals to ensure operational stability and to further optimize processes and user interactions with these systems.
· Develops ongoing awareness and education programs. Create a strategy to foster the use and sharing of expertise, best practices, and knowledge resources around practice tools.
· Monitors and evaluates the usage levels and effectiveness of the firm's existing practice systems and knowledge management tools and make recommendations for improvements.
· Oversees and mentors a team of Practice Systems Analysts.
· Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree or J.D. is a PLUS
· Extensive experience in a law firm, legal technology service provider, corporate legal department, or professional services organization
· Understanding of legal technology products and services, esp. artificial intelligence, data analytics, knowledge management tools, advanced search technologies, and document management software
· Proven skills in business analysis and ability to define functional requirements
· Demonstrable project management skills, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks and heavy workloads efficiently
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with lawyers and other stakeholders
· Proactive, self-learner who is motivated & results-oriented with a positive, team-player attitude.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR THE RIGHT PRACTICE SYSTEMS MANAGER?